Would you like to hire a salesperson who works 24/7 for pennies a day? Get a recorded message line!
This line is a dedicated phone number your customers and potential customers can call 24/7 to hear some valuable information about your company. You can change your message as often as you’d like, but here are three things to include in your recorded message:
A request for callers to leave their contact information so you can send them more information
Your website address so they can get more information on their own
An option to push a button to speak with a live representative of your fencing business
What Are The Benefits of a Recorded Message Line?
1. It’s nonthreatening. The caller knows a salesperson is not going to be on the other end of the call, so it is an easy, no-pressure way for people to learn more about your fencing products and services.
2. It’s a lever. It saves you time as well as the caller’s time. A lever enables you to do work using less time and fewer resources. Callers like it because it gives them the freedom to call whenever they want.
3. It keeps your sales message clear and consistent. With a recorded info line, your message doesn’t change unless you want it to change.
4. It’s a great educator. If your message offers true information rather than a sales pitch, your potential customers may even listen to it more than once.
5. You can have multiple free recorded lines. You can have a different line for every ad, every mailer and every brochure with a targeted message for each media.
6. It works for your business. You can use the line to offer information on products or services, and the lines are suitable for any size fencing company.
7. It gives you credibility. People are more apt to trust a recorded message than a live person offering the same information.
8. It reduces your advertising budget. You can now run smaller display and classified ads when your goal is to get prospects to call your info line.
9. Your ads will be better. Most small businesses think they have to put everything in their ads — hours, website, products, special offers. When you direct your customer to the recorded line, you can make your ads more meaningful and less cluttered.
10. It works all day, every day. It’s like a salesperson who never sleeps and never takes holiday. And you don’t have pay a commission!
11. It can be any length you need. You want an engaging message that encourages people to use your fencing company. Don’t forget to give them an action step at the end of your message.
12. You can change your message as often as you’d like. This flexibility gives you the opportunity to test the effectiveness of various recorded messages.
13. You’ll stand out from the crowd. Your competitors in the fencing business are probably not using a free recorded message line.
How To Create a Message Line in Six Steps
There are six easy steps for setting up a message line.
First, begin with the end in mind. In other words, decide what you want the caller to do after listening to your message. You have several options at the end of the call. You can ask them to leave you a message. You can direct them to a website landing page. You can ask them to leave their name and number or e-mail or address. It’s up to you.
Second, find a telephone provider that can give you a telephone number that can handle any number of inbound calls at the same time. I like the carriers that send me an e-mail with the voicemail message and the telephone number and name of each person who calls.
Here is a list of possible providers:
We are not endorsing any of these companies. Most of these carriers have month-to-month agreements. Or you can go online and search for:
Free recorded message services
Toll-free voice mail
Recorded message hotline
24/7 free recorded message systems
Third, get a toll-free phone number, a new local number or both. The number you use depends on your target market. If you want to appear like a local company, get a local telephone number. If you want to appear like a national company, get a toll-free number. Another option is a vanity number that spells out your company name or your product such as 1-800-GOT-MILK or 1-800-CONTACTS.
Fourth, write out your script. Go through several versions until you are satisfied with your message. It can be any length as long as it’s useful and interesting.
Fifth, record your message using your carrier’s system. It is not necessary to hire a professional speaker. If you speak clearly, you can record it yourself. Do not use a computer-generated voice.
Sixth, advertise your free recorded message line. Put it on your business card and your vehicles. Include it in all your advertising. See sample above.
Here are some possible headlines to attract potential fence buyers to call your free recorded line:
Everything you need to know about fences
The 8 biggest blunders homeowners make when buying a fence—and how to avoid them
The definitive guide to buying a vinyl fence
10 things fence companies are hiding from you
5 ways to end up with the best vinyl fence
Now that you know the advantages of using a free recorded message line and how easy it is to set one up, it’s time to get this great marketing tool working for your fencing business.